12 Tips For Starting An Airbrush Tanning Business
I get phone calls on a daily basis from possible new students who want to start an airbrush tanning business and many of the same questions come up all the time. Today I wanted to share some of the basics that I usually recommend to someone who is considering opening their own Airbrush Tanning Business. Here are my 12 Tips on Starting An Airbrush Tanning Business:
- Determine if you want to work on your own or with a partner/husband/friend to share the startup cost or if you can handle investing on your own – download a free list of equipment and supplies needed from www.1DaySprayTanTraining.com
- Research your specific city to see how many other Airbrush Tanning businesses exist in your area
- Calculate the level of annual income that you’ll need and decide if Airbrush Tanning will be your primary source of income or if it will supplement your current income
- Consider the training you will need for your potential Airbrush Tanning because you may need specialized industry business knowledge or talents, relevant education or technical experience such as learning how to use the spray gun.
- Think about the purpose of starting an Airbrush Tanning Business and what you want out of this business experience other than just money. Ask yourself if your goals, values and interests fit in with the business.
- Do research and call on other Airbrush Tanning business owner or Tanning Salons to find out how much they charge for spray tanning in your area. You can also find out by visiting many available websites since many airbrush tanners list their prices on the website.
- Make a list of all equipment, supplies and marketing material that you need to start the business and call for pricing quotes
- Talk to friends and family members to get their opinion and support. They will also help spread the news about your Airbrush Tanning business
- Check with your State Board of Cosmetology to see if they have licensing or rules and regulations on Airbrush Tanning. Most states do not have any licensing requirements, except for the state of Oregon.
- Check on the specific Insurance and city licensing that is required for the business
- Think about a business name and website name that you want to use for your business
- Come up with a marketing plan on how you will promote your business.
For help on the last tip on marketing, you can just sign up for my airbrush tanning class cause I will share with you exactly how I got started and how many of my previous students were able to get lot’s of clients so quickly.
The airbrush tanning industry continuous to grow and is still under served. Now that we are getting closer to summer time, it will be a very busy season for airbrush tanners. Many people think that the summer time is a slow season but in fact it is the most popular season for us in airbrush tanning. Clients like to be tanned before going to the beach or before going on vacation plus the fact that so many people don’t have time anymore to go outside and laying out in the sun and because of sun damage, many people prefer airbrush tanning,
I hope this post will help a bit and please feel free to always reach out to me by calling or texting (818) 674-9621. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Want to know how much startup equipment and supplies you need to start your very own Airbrush Tanning Business? Enter your name and email below to get the list: